SPD : Educational Technologies Center
Educational Technbologies Center (ETC) understands the importance of Professional Development among its staff and stakeholders to achieve its Goals and Sub-Goals stipulated in its Operational Plan in fulfilment of the mission of the College. Therefore, ETC assigned Professional Development Committee to focus on this area.
ETC team is dynamic where everyone is expert in different IT fields and specializations. Every ETC member is given opportunity to be the trainer to share his/her expertise. This also motivates every member to be involved in the team.
The Staff Professional Development Committee (SPDC) Coordinator works with the members of the three sections (ESS, CSS, LS) and presents all plans and course of actions to the Head of Sections and Head of Center for approval. After the approval, it will be submitted to the College SPDC.
The following list of Staff Support activities conducted by ELC:
The ETC Professional Development Plan as a whole aims to:
- Motivate and inspire its staff and stakeholders
- Promote a better quality of learning and teaching
- Promote a better quality of services and support
- Support innovative ideas of its staff and stakeholders
- Recognize achievement in a variety of development activities
- Enhance provision of technology to its staff and stakeholders
- Promote cross-disciplinary collaboration and activity
- Determine the required training through needs analysis
- Encourage applied research and project write-up for journal publication/conferences
Clusters of ETC Professional Development Plan
The ETC Professional Development plan is divided into two clusters:
- Skills and Technology Transfer Program – fosters College staff and students of other department/center as well as external linkages such as: Private & Government Sectors, other Colleges and Universities, and the Local Community.
Its primary objective is to provide alternative mode of information/knowledge sharing. ETC develops step-by-step guide, flowcharts; produces publications like ETC Connect magazine, pamphlets and brochures on new applications, programs, as well as for new free and open source software that will aid in the learning process. Teams were created from different sections of ETC to create and design manuals, booklets and magazines. The following manuals, and booklets were created:
- Office 365 (Features Guide)
- Student printing Guide
- Library Resources Guide
- ETC Connect (Released Annually)
- Online Programs for Student portal
- ETC Staff Professional Development Program - This is offered to all ETC Staff.
The ETC Staff Professional Development focuses on the most valuable resources of the center; its employees. The center incorporates reward system that values the hardwork and contributions of each member. Thus, ETC provides its employees the opportunity to grow in their personal and professional career.
Furthermore, technology is the most unstable invention ever considered in the history of mankind. To be able to cope up, one must be equipped and well-qualified to successfully manage it. Hence, the center provides its staff with time and/or resources to develop skills and enhance their knowledge.
If you have inquiries, please contact:
| Sidney Souribio |
Staff Professional Development Coordinator