DATABASE - Higher Diploma
Information Technology Section
Produce graduates with sound knowledge of the fundamental concepts of both the technical and application aspects of database technology through the study and practice with current database systems.
Provides students with the business and technology knowledge to plan, design, and develop database applications.
Produce technologies in Database to meet the market needs.
- Graduates should be able to
- Use good design principles to optimize data storage and retrieval.
- Use Microsoft Access to create relational database.
- Describe the structure and function of a relational database.
- Learn about the database design techniques and database development tools.
- Discover difference and the appropriate uses of relational, multi-dimensional hierarchirical databases.
- Describe the theory behind database development design.
- Create new databases from business besed problems sets.