Diploma 2- All I.T. Department Sections
The Information Technology (IT) program provides technical skills/ experience required to gain access to good IT industry; furthermore it allows greater learning opportunities through the internship program.
Graduates will have a sound knowledge of personal computer hardware/software. They will be educated to perform competently in their professional field and to contribute, in a wider context, to the overall development of Oman; the program will thus have both an academic and a vocational orientation.
This course is designed to train students for careers as computer technicians. Students master basic electronics, and the operation and maintenance of computer hardware systems, including peripheral equipment. Lab work gives students practical experience with modern computer systems. The graduates of this program may work in computer maintenance, support, repair, installation or production.
- Develop the necessary introductory skills to other higher level award courses in IT studies.
- Initiate students into IT study environment and provides a focus on confidence, comprehension, and communication.
- Train the students to understand the IT environment and identify some of the functions in the IT fields.
- Formulate the students to be familiar with the IT environment.
- Design, Install, Customize and maintain computer networks.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics.
- Identify hardware and software components of computer systems.
- Make use of different MS-office applications, such as Word, Spreadsheet, Access, Excel, Power Point and Visual Basic.
- Construct simple programs using high level languages.
- Use Data base to collect, store, and generate a variety of reports from the data.
- Make use of the techniques of Common Gateway Programming and Server side programming for on-line communication and computing.
- Define the fundamental principles behind all computer networking and the most commonly available networking tools and applications.
- State the fundamental operation systems concepts such as processes, intercrosses communication, input-output, virtual memory, file systems, and security.
- Demonstrate the basic skills to develop a career.
- Recognize the fundamental issues that influence the design of modern computer systems.
- Become conversant in the latest data communications technologies.
- Identify fundamentals, functions and components of data terminals, and the latest network architecture and design techniques.