Civil Engineering - Bachelor (B.Tech)
Civil Engineering Section
Provide high quality education and training that will enhance the student’s creativity and logical capacity, provide him/her with a strong broad base in Civil Engineering, and enable him/her to communicate effectively, to be technically competent in Civil Engineering, to work to the highest ethical standards, to function in multi-disciplinary teams and independently, and to analyze, design and supervise the construction of different structures.
The program should enable the student to:
- Communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in the professional setting.
- Work individually and in a team environment.
- Apply the relevant civil engineering fundamentals in the professional environment.
- Take an active role and participate in his/her career development to ensure technical competence.
- Make use of the available computer communication resources.
- Maintain and practice with the highest standard of codes and ethics.
- Organize work and manage his/her time in order to achieve set target.
- Use engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice.
- Work on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Accurately apply civil engineering principles in a professional environment. This includes: 11. Use of Computer Aided Design for producing structural drawings.
- Interpret drawing details.
- Assist in producing professional presentations of designs.
- Understand and apply the principles of project management.
- Understand and apply the principles of Civil Engineering.
- Understand the effects of Civil Engineering on society and the environment.
The graduate should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- Produce structural drawings
- Accurately interpret structural drawings
- Function in multi-disciplinary teams
- Identify, analyze and solve civil engineering problems
- Appreciate the professional and ethical responsibility
- Communicate effectively
- Analyze issues logically and creatively
- Recognize of the need for and ability to engage in lifelong learning
- Have knowledge of contemporary issues relating to civil engineering
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for civil engineering practice
- Apply the concepts and principles of structural analysis and design
- Apply the concepts of project management and project finance to Civil Engineering projects
- Use the concepts of soil mechanics in Civil Engineering
- Apply the concepts and principles of fluids in Civil Engineering
- Identify the basic concepts of transportation and highway design
- Apply the basic concepts of land surveying
- Recognize and utilize different construction materials and techniques
- Construct plans to meet time-constrained targets
- Professionally present designs
- Identify and practice with the highest standards in Health, Safety and Environment
- Inspect site work, after gaining sufficient experience under the supervision of professionals
- Supervise construction works, after gaining sufficient experience under the supervision of professionals