Networking Technology - B.Tech
Gain high level understanding of current and immediate future technologies in networking and develop skills that are needed in design development and implementation of appropriate network.
- Develop skills that are needed to install, implement and configure professional servers.
- Gain experience to troubleshoot, maintain and provide technical support in any server environment.
- Gain skills that are needed to design, install and maintain appropriate networks for different environment.
Graduates should be able to:
- Install and upgrade any server using automated and remote setup tools.
- Configure, troubleshoot, manage, and monitor hardware devices and remote mobile hardware.
- Analyze, design, and plan the implementation of a corporate computer network that meets the technical requirements.
- Measure, analyze, and optimize network performance quality of service.
- Maintain data and system security through group policy, encryption file system and local shares and accounts.
- Define the principles of operation, design and performance of computer systems.
- Define Wireless Application Protocol; use of WAP for internet access, including e-mail, the World Wide Web, newsgroups.
- Define the principle of data encryption.
- Explain how digital signature and authentication protocols work.
- Define secure socket layer and transport layer security.
- Make use of WAP, 3GL, DSL and other state of the art approaches in connections.
- Develop ability to work with SONET/SDH, RPR, DWDM and gain confidence to deal with broad band networking.