Database Technology - B.Tech
Information Technology Section
The program provides a strong foundation in database related programming, administration, structure and setup. The students will obtain the skills necessary to provide high end, solution-based technical support for existing database implementations as well as for new database development.
Prepare students for a technical career in the computer database administration and design field. The program is designed to provide learning experiences that prepare graduates with a firm background of solid hands-on training directly related to database administration, design and implementation.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of the principles and foundations for analysis, design, implementation and administration of large databases
- Learn advanced relational database concepts including multi-user issues, distributed database management, client/server systems and object-oriented database theory.
- Understand the technical aspects of administering a multi-user relational database management system.
- Foundation of skills in Web page coding and Internet functionality; develop a solid understanding of relational database design and standard query language (SQL)
- Work with the most popular Web/database connectivity software, as well as scripting languages for both the client and the server sides of the Internet architecture.
- Administer existing databases with regard to security, backup, and replication issues.
- Manage the front-end connectors for various data base needs.
- Publish and manage web enabled databases.