Electrical Power Engineering
Diploma 2- Electrical Power Engineering
To provide our graduates an integrated educational experience that develops their ability to apply pertinent knowledge to solving problems in the engineering technology specialty. To prepare our students for immediate employment, and provide them with the sufficient foundation to continue upper-division studies.
- Contribute to society in a broad range of careers.
- Flourish professionally in an increasingly international and rapidly changing diverse world
- Effectively understand, use, and develop modern power engineering technologies and concepts.
- Develop skills for clear communication and responsible teamwork, and to inculcate professional attitudes and ethics, so that one is prepared for the complex modern work environment.
- Acquire sufficient breadth and depth for successful subsequent undergraduate study, or lifelong learning.
- Develop and apply critical thinking skills, enhancing the ability to address unstructured problems specific to technical specialties in power engineering.
- Acquire the technical skills necessary to enter careers in operation or maintenance of power systems.
- Demonstrate an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and tools necessary for modern engineering, including the use of productivity software and computer programming, effectively in the practice of power engineering.
- Apply the knowledge of:
a. Sciences and engineering to the analysis of power engineering processes and systems
b. Foundation mathematics, including basic calculus and linear algebra, in support of power engineering systems.
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory testing on power people from diverse backgrounds.
- Identify and address problems in power engineering.
- Communicate effectively through a series of peer and faculty review, to include oral and written reports.
- Employ study skills and computer knowledge for lifelong learning for a successful career in power engineering.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the professional and ethical responsibilities incumbent upon the practicing power engineering technician
- .Demonstrate the knowledge of contemporary global and societal issues and their relationship to professional ethics and engineering solutions
- Demonstrate commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement .